Summer 2021 Internship
Application period closes April 21, 2021
Windward is seeking an intern to work in our Seattle, Washington office. The work is expected to be remote, except for the field work, for which Windward will provide all necessary training and safety precautions. This is a paid internship.
Interns at Windward engage in many diverse activities, including:
- Conducting field work—including collection of sediment, surface water, stormwater, groundwater, soil, and biological samples (including fish)—according to written sampling plans and procedures
- Supporting the preparation of technical reports and study plans—such as remedial investigations, feasibility studies, data reports, biological assessments, environmental assessments, and quality assurance project plans—for internal and external audience
- Analyzing, interpreting, compiling, and summarizing scientific data to determine validity, quality, trends, and scientific significance
- Conducting quality control reviews of database entries, calculations, data tables, and maps to ensure accuracy
- Reviewing scientific and regulatory literature for background information and methods
- Completed or in-progress college degree in environmental science, environmental engineering (may be through a civil or chemical engineering degree program), ecology and related disciplines, biology, toxicology, or chemistry
- Strict attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Ability to work in a dynamic team environment
- Ability to complete multiple tasks under tight schedules
- Willingness to participate in field work
Windward offers the opportunity to work in an informal, collegial atmosphere with nationally known scientists and engineers. Windward is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE M/F/D/V). To apply for a position at Windward, please download and complete the intern application. Please send the completed application, your cover letter, and your resume to Shana Schorsch at email@example.com.