Marine Science Undergraduate Intern
Foundry10 is a philanthropic educational research organization looking for a part-time college intern to support the marine science team for up to 10 weeks in summer 2020 (flexible dates to be determined upon acceptance). Foundry10 spans many subjects from virtual reality to hip hop, and we are actively growing in the marine science and environmental education field. The marine science team’s goal is to empower local youth to take action for global ocean and climate resilience while anchoring all programs and partnerships in environmental justice. Within these guiding frameworks, we are looking for an intern to draw upon their unique perspective, create a learning opportunity, and share that with the education community.
Potential projects could encompass the introduction of ocean technology tools in classroom settings focused on youth; engagement with environmental issues through art, film, photography, virtual reality, or performance pieces; creation of professional development for marine science researchers or educators; or place-based curriculum design related to the Salish Sea.
If you would like to be a part of foundry10 this summer, please submit your resume and cover letter to j firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, please clearly outline how you could contribute to our marine science team, how you would benefit from this experience, and in what ways we could help propel you forward with your future plans. Applications are due by March 22, 2020, at 11:59 p.m.
This is a part-time position of up to 30 hours per week with the potential to work more, depending on the seasonal needs of the team. The hourly pay rate for this position is $20/hr.
- GED or high school diploma
- Ability to organize and prioritize competing tasks and projects
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate, technical, or similar program
- Experience working with youth
- Creative, proactive team member
- Communication skills to collaborate in a fast-paced environment
- Drive the design and implementation of a marine science-focused education program
- Assist with research and literature review
- Manage, analyze, and share data at the conclusion of the internship
- Provide support to the team at outreach events
- Participate in project team meetings