NPAFC Internship Program
NPAFC invites citizens from its member countries (Canada, Japan, Rep. of Korea, Russian Federation and USA) to apply for the NPAFC Internship Program. The period of the internship is up to six (6) months. One or two interns per year will be accepted upon approval of the Commission. Interns will work at the NPAFC Secretariat office in Vancouver, BC, Canada.
Deadline for submission of applications March 19, 2020
To help early-career professionals gain experience and knowledge in operations of the Commission and provide an opportunity to test their interest in international governmental organizations, fisheries management, salmon biology, ecology, and fisheries enforcement. The NPAFC Secretariat benefits from increased capacity through the presence of an additional professional bringing his/her experience and knowledge.
NATURE OF THE INTERNSHIP
The intern works under the supervision of the Executive Director and/or his/her designates and may be given a wide variety of tasks:
- plan, develop, and complete an individual project in enforcement, science, communication, fisheries management, or administration;
- prepare information for and providing support to special projects, including the International Year of the Salmon (IYS) initiative;
- assist organizing and editing various NPAFC publications;
- coordinate international cooperative programs;
- assist Secretariat activities; and
- assist with other work delegated by the Executive Director and/or his/her designates.
Period of internship: Up to a maximum of 6 (six) months, with the start date to be negotiated. Start date must occur between the period of July–December 2020. The intern is expected to perform his/her tasks at the Secretariat office on a daily basis, Monday–Friday, 7.5 hours per day.
Deadline for application: March 19, 2020