The Fund for the Public Interest is seeking hard-working individuals over the age of 18 with good communication skills and a passion for social change to fill citizen outreach and Field Manager positions across the country this summer. If you are looking to make a difference working to protect the environment and public health, gain real-world work experience and skills you can use, make money, and work with great people, then this is the job for you!
The Fund for the Public Interest is a national non-profit organization that runs campaigns for America’s leading environmental and social change organizations like Environment America and US PIRG. We launched the Fund in 1982 to help find ways to engage people on the most pressing problems of our day and turn that support into solutions. By having face-to-face, one-on-one conversations, we give millions of people the opportunity for their voices to be heard through petitions, emails, and small donations. This summer we will be working with Environment Washington to protect the Southern Resident Orca. Apply HERE!
Currently we have paid Canvasser and Field Manager positions open in 25+ cities across the country, including full-time summer positions in Seattle.
- -Help the directors launch the campaign and build a team of staff
- -Build membership and raise money for environmental and social change groups
- -Educate and engage citizens on pressing issues
- -Recruit, train, and manage a team of staff in the office and in the field
- -Meet with directors each week to evaluate progress and provide input on hiring decisions, goals, and priorities
While on staff, you will gain knowledge of pressing concerns facing our country, learn how to effectively generate public support, and gain a firm understanding of the political process.
Why Apply? You should apply if you want to…
- -Make a real difference on critical environmental issues
- -Get experience with grassroots mobilization, fundraising and working with the media
- -Gain the skills and connections needed to launch a career in non-profit, political, or grassroots organizing
- -Earn money working for something you believe in. Our staff typically earn an average of $16-21/hour
- -Build long-lasting relationships with a team of people from across the country who share your interests on important issues
To apply online or learn more, visit: www.summerjobsthatmatter.org.