Summer 2019 Undergrad Research on Chesapeake Bay (REU), Deadline: Feb. 15
Are you looking for a summer research internship studying ocean, coastal or environmental science? I invite you to check out the Maryland Sea Grant Summer REU program. We bring upper-level undergraduate students to the Chesapeake Bay to conduct individual research projects with a scientist-mentor at the University of Maryland Center for Environmental Science. We select undergrads in many disciplines, including engineering, biology, chemistry, physics, mathematics, ecology and marine and environmental science.
Each REU fellow will receive:
Free housing at your research lab
Round-trip travel expenses
In particular, we encourage students from colleges and universities where access to marine science and to research opportunities is limited and who are from groups traditionally underrepresented in science, technology, engineering and math. We believe bringing together students from many disciplines, backgrounds and parts of the country makes for a more interesting and educational summer experience.
Join us for our 12-week program from May 19 to August 11, 2019. We are accepting applications through February 15. Please visit our website to find out more (www.mdsg.umd.edu/reu) or drop me a note at email@example.com.
Maryland Sea Grant
– Program Flyer download http://bit.ly/MDSGREU19
– 12-week program: May 19 to August 11, 2019
– $6,000 stipend plus housing and travel support to and from host institution
– Funded by the National Science Foundation and thus limited to US citizens or permanent residents
– Applications due: February 15, 2019
– Application and guidance http://ww2.mdsg.umd.edu/reu/apply/index.php