The UW Office for Youth Programs Development and Support is seeking an intern!
The UW Office for Youth Programs Development and Support (YPDS) has a great internship opportunity for individuals interested in learning about youth engagement, policy development and project implementation. This office provides consultation and guidance to UW departments who operate youth programs. UW hosts over 200 youth programs and activities serving over 94,000 youth each year. Learn more about the office at our website: www.uw.edu/youth
The YPDS intern will primarily assist with implementation of a new web-based registration system for UW youth programs, and support other activities as time allows. This internship starts in September and continues through to the end of Winter quarter, with a possibility of extension through Spring quarter pending funding availability.
Hours: 12 hrs per week for 20-22 weeks; starting September 24th
Rate: $15.45 per hour
Reports to: Director
What you will learn in this internship
- You will learn about and interact with youth programs within the UW system.
- You will learn about policies guiding youth engagement at UW.
- You will gain skills in project management, educational resource development, marketing, written and oral communication, and data system implementation.
- Perform and facilitate user testing of the new database
- Create user guides and other communication tools
- Provide training and technical support to users
- Contact youth programs to encourage registration of new programs
- Upload and enter data as needed
- Other administrative tasks yet to be identified
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Well organized, thorough and detail-oriented
- Competence with word processing and spreadsheet applications (e.g., MS or Google)
- General understanding of and/or interest in programs serving children and youth
- Experience and comfort with using web-based software applications
Additional desired qualifications
- Experience with web-based data entry
- Experience with outreach and/or providing customer support
- Experience with creating training documents
At the University of Washington, diversity is integral to excellence. We value and honor diverse experiences and perspectives, strive to create welcoming and respectful learning environments, and promote access, opportunity and justice for all.
To apply: send a resume and cover letter to Caroline Shelton, Director at email@example.com include “Intern” in the subject. Outline your interest in this internship, highlighting your relevant experience and professional goals.