This year Clallam Marine Resources Committee is offering five summer internships and one longer-term internship.
The duration of the summer internships is 80 hours @ $15/hr to be completed between June 18 and August 20, 2018. The interns will work closely with MRC members on one of these projects:
- Kelp Monitoring: Help organize and participate in kayak-based kelp surveys to be conducted at three locations along the Strait of Juan de Fuca.
- West Elwha Beach Stewardship: Lead the stewardship efforts at the beach; conduct surveys of usage of Elwha estuary area; perform educational outreach about the impact of free running dogs and pet waste.
- Crabber Outreach: Help organize and participate in educational outreach events to recreational crab fishers in Clallam County.
- Green Crab Removal Surveys: Help organize and conduct the green crab trapping and removal efforts in Sequim Bay and adjacent areas.
- Pigeon Guillemot Breeding Surveys: Help organize and participate in surveys of the breeding colonies including coordination of the volunteers.
The duration of the longer-term internship is 160 hours @ $15/hr to be completed between June 1 and September 30, 2018. The intern will primarily help with educational outreach to recreational crabbers in Clallam County. The intern will coordinate the outreach events at county boat ramps and instruct volunteers and the educational outreach summer intern.
The application due date for all six internships is May 18, 2018. For more information about the summer internships and the applications for all six internships, see http://www.clallamcountymrc.org/.