Please invite your undergraduate students to apply for Maryland Sea Grant’s Research Experiences for Undergraduates in Estuarine Science. http://www.mdsg.umd.edu/REU
Since 1989, NSF has supported bringing students to conduct individual research projects with a scientist-mentor at either Chesapeake Biological Lab or Horn Point Lab of the University of Maryland Center for Environmental Science. This is a great opportunity to conduct research with a mentor and spend a summer by the Chesapeake Bay.
– Program Flyer download http://bit.ly/MDSGREU18
– 12-week program: May 20 to August 12, 2018
– $6,000 stipend plus housing and travel support to and from host institution
– Funded by the National Science Foundation and thus limited to US citizens or permanent residents
– Applications due: February 16, 2018
– Application and guidance http://ww2.mdsg.umd.edu/reu/apply/index.php
** Summer 2018 program is pending continuing support from the National Science Foundation **
We select undergraduates in diverse disciplines, including engineering, biology, chemistry, physics, mathematics, ecology and marine and environmental science.
We are particularly interested in supporting talented students from institutions where access to marine science and to research projects is limited and who are from underrepresented groups in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM).
If you have any questions please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.