Dear UW Community,
The Samuel E. Kelly Ethnic Cultural Center is recruiting student mentors for the year of 2017 – 2018 Mentor Power For Success program. The Mentor Power for Success Program is a dynamic autumn quarter partnership between first-year Office of Minority Affairs & Diversity (OMA&D) students (protégés) and continuing UW students (mentors), to help protégés make a successful transition to university life. Mentor students use their knowledge of UW resources and services to guide protégés as they navigate the breadth of what the university has to offer.
- Serve as a positive role model and enjoy a friendship with a new UW student
- Make an important difference in a first-year student’s life as they transition to UW
- Opportunity to attend and facilitate engaging Leadership, Career & networking, and Cultural Enrichment workshops
Requirements for becoming a Mentor:
- Minimum requirement of 2.5 GPA
- Willingness to mentor a first year student
Students in these majors are highly encouraged to apply:
- International Studies
Please contact Tey Thach at email@example.com for any questions or concerns.