2017 spring/summer job opportunities
As the region’s premier resource for hands-on marine science experiences and conservation education, the Seattle Aquarium offers fun, exciting ways to discover more about amazing Puget Sound and our world’s one big ocean. Join us in our mission: Inspiring Conservation of Our Marine Environment.
The Seattle Aquarium’s conservation and education department is hiring seasonal positions for spring and summer 2017. Multiple positions are available, working with a variety of audiences: school groups, the general public on local beaches, and summer camp participants.
The conservation and education department focuses on providing valuable, inclusive, innovative and entertaining experiences for our audiences. If you are excited about engaging diverse audiences in order to inspire conservation of our marine environment,we want to talk to you!
We are accepting applications for the following part-time, temporary positions:
- Beach captain (60–80 hours average, February–November)
- Camp counselor (435 hours average, June–August)
- Camp lead instructor (475 hours average, June–August)
- Camp operations lead (530 hours average, June–August)
- Citizen science instructor (170 hours average, February–June)
- Greeter/ticket taker (400 hours average, April–early September)
- Marine science instructor (250 hours average, February–June)
To apply: To view all open job descriptions and application instructions, visit SeattleAquarium.org/jobs.
Application deadlines vary from as early as December 30, 2016 to “open until filled.”
Visit our job board to read specific application deadlines and instructions.
The Seattle Aquarium is a progressive, equal opportunity employer that values a diverse workforce. All candidates are encouraged to apply.