The Facilities Maintenance Technician is part of a team of 6 staff responsible for inspecting, operating and maintaining The Center’s buildings and physical facilities. Duties include light building maintenance, landscaping and assisting other technicians with project work. This position reports to the Life Support and Facilities Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) Specialist.
Core Competencies: areas of proficiency, abilities, etc.
- Basic plumbing skills
- Basic fabrication skills
- Light Mechanical systems work
- Effective verbal, listening communications skills
- Decision making and problem solving skills
- Good time management and the ability to work unsupervised
Specific duties: actual job duties and responsibilities
- Perform minor facility maintenance such as painting, landscaping & weeding
- Perform daily inspections on building systems
- Perform maintenance tasks on building equipment
- Isolate, troubleshoot and coordinate the repair of faulty building systems
- Provide support on fabrication projects
- Provide support to outside contractors
- Interface and communicate effectively with The Center’s rescue and animal care workforce (staff and volunteers)
- Provide support for other departments
Qualifications: education, training, etc. needed
- The incumbent would normally attain the required knowledge and skills through related experience.
- Experience in safe work practices, including the proper use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and the understanding of material safety data sheets (MSDS).
- High school diploma or equivalent
- A valid California driver’s license
Work environment & physical demands
- Must be able to work a full time rotating schedule that covers all hours of the day, all days of the week including weekends and holidays
- Must be able to use PPE, including a respirator
- Must be able to lift and carry 50 lbs
- Must be able to work outside in all weather conditions
The deadline for applications is Wednesday, May 18, 2016