Alaskan Observers, Inc. (AOI) recruits biologists year-round to work as Domestic Groundfish Observers in Alaska, Washington, Oregon, and California. We continuously search for skilled, motivated graduates. And we’re delighted to talk with experienced Observers.
- The National Marine Fisheries Service establishes the qualifications for the positions we have. Prospective observers must have:
- A bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited college or university with a major in one of the natural sciences.
- Successfully completed a minimum of 30 semester hours or equivalent in applicable biological sciences with extensive use of dichotomous keys in at least one course.
- Successfully completed at least one undergraduate course each in math and statistics with a minimum of 5 semester hours total for both.
- Computer skills that enable the candidate to work competently with standard database software and computer hardware.
How To Apply
- Please email your resume and transcripts as either pdf or word documents.
- Transcripts can be unofficial, and show current classes as “in-progress.”
- Resume should be two pages or less.
- If you are interested in more than one position, please only apply once and indicate in a cover letter that you are interested in more than one opportunity.
- Please do not apply more than 4 months prior to your availability to work.
- Promising candidates will be contacted to schedule a phone interview.
If you have any questions about the job description or application process please feel free to contact:
AOI Recruiting Coordinator